Sunday, March 25, 2012

He's the Reason

He's the reason why I have been distant from my blog and photography in general lately, he's the reason why people tell me I look tired, or that I could use a shower (you think I'm kidding, don't you?), he's the reason why still after 6 months my favorite pair of jeans still don't fit the same, and honestly...he's the reason why I am able to love my life more than I ever have.

He's my world, he's my miracle, he's my "Chan Man", and he made me become what is my favorite "role" in life: "mom".

* * * * * * * *

I am however, also a photographer--something else that I am beyond passionate about! Sadly, I have sucked really badly when it comes to juggling being a wife, mom, friend, and photographer. After 6 months I *think* I have finally tackled the wife, mom, and friend aspects of my life, however I am still working on the photographer aspect. Can you tell? Yes. I think my lack of posts, sessions, specials, and overall client interaction speaks for itself. And while I can honestly say I will always put my faith and family before my work, I am hoping to make some changes to the apparent non-existence of my photography (hah).

I have some very big plans coming up within the next year or so. You may start to see some changes happen very gradually over time. One thing I can say is that being a mom has honestly changed EVERY aspect of my life--and that includes photography. I feel as though I have been given a new set of eyes to see out of, and obviously, that will ultimately affect my photography style. Be prepared to see less editing and more realness--a more grown-up look, if you will : ).

I have no idea how many of you still follow this blog, but for those of you that do--thank you. I truly hope you can support me and encourage me as I learn to better balance all the "roles" my life entails and of course, I hope to still capture images that move you and make you happy.



2 comments:

Tasha said...

Channing is so cute. I just love his eyes! And I love your photography!

Simply Bliss Studios said...

Thank you Tasha! I really appreciate your support!

Post a Comment